Phonics Reading Program: Frontline Phonics
by Teaching Reading FUNdamentals
What is it?
Frontline Phonics is a fun and easy reading program designed to give children an early start to learning to read effortlessly and successfully. This program has been tested by for over 17 years by tens of thousands of kids to get an edge over their peers.
Who is it for?
-Kids age 3 to 8 years old
-Children with learning disabilities or attention disorders
Why we like it:
- Frontline Phonics mission is that EVERY child can excel with the right resources and individual attention from their parents or teachers. They provide you with everything you need to help your kids learn to read in a fun and easy way.
- This program has been tested in a wide variety of classrooms and results show that kids using this program consistently perform well above grade level standards - even kids with learning disabilities.
- The lessons are not taught in alphabetical order. They've proven that kids learn the alphabet letters and sounds instead of just memorizing them. Also, by teaching the most common letters first, kids are able to blend those letters together to make words much easier and earlier than if they were taught alphabetically.
- Kids can begin sounding out words after learning just 5 letters - this gives them such a feeling of confidence when they can actually start reading right away.
- Parents are an integral part of the teaching reading experience. Kids aren't just plopped in front of a computer or DVD and left to their own devices; you will work with them to ensure their reading success. You will have all kinds of resources such as songs, stories, games, and a manual with lessons to follow.
- All 23 books are fun, colorfully illustrated and will emphasize the letters being learned.
- You will be provided with teaching questions so you can check your children’s comprehension as they read the books.
- You only need to spend 15 minutes a day for 3 days a week.
- One-on-one coaching is available when you buy this program, so you have support any time you need it. You will also be able to take a free reading assessment and get the specific help your kids need.
- Frontline phonics guarantees that your child will learn to read in just 3 1/2 weeks and back it up with a 60 day money back guarantee.
What we don't like about it:
The $250 price tag is one of the higher priced phonics programs, but you can sign up to get 6 free phonics lessons before purchasing the program to make sure it’s a good fit for your kids.
What they will learn?
- Letters and the sounds they make
- Basic phonics rules
Overall Review: Frontline Phonics has been around for years and has been tested with outstanding results. Kids learn to read fast by spending only 15 minutes a day 3 time per week and can start beginning reading as early as 3 to 4 weeks.
See more great phonics reading program ideas.
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Phonics Reading Program Reviews.